The Nordic Society of Photography cordially invites all members of camera clubs as well as direct members – associated with Riksförbundet Svensk Fotografi RSF, Norsk Selskap for Fotografi NSFF, Suomen Kameraseurojen Liitto SKsL, and Selskabet for Dansk Fotografi SFD – to participate in the 2nd Nordic Photography Championship Slideshow 2024.
Registration and upload
The contestants register and upload their entries digitally via www.nordic.photo.
The entry fee is €15.00/participant and is to be paid via Paypal when uploading.
- Uploads starts: 31 Dec 2023
- Deadline for uploads: 4 Feb 2024
- Results published on nordic.photo: 28 Feb 2024
Conditions of entry:
Stills, time-lapses and/ or movie clips may be included; however, the raw material should mainly consist of still pictures (also valid when it comes to time-lapses). Film clips should not last longer than a max of 10 % of the total duration of the slideshow.
All motifs and photography techniques (colour, monochrome, analogue, digital, etc.) are allowed and can be mixed freely. The contestant must be the creator of all the images in his/her slideshow.
- Format: Allowed video formats: .mp4, .mpg/.mpeg, .mov, .avi and .wmv. Max res. 1920×1080 px.
- Duration: Max duration 4 minutes (240 seconds).
- Image copyright: The contestant must be the rights holder/ creator of all the photos in the slideshow.
- Music and sound copyright: The slideshow may or may not include sound. Copyrighted music can not be used; music/sound included must either be created by the contestant or royalty-free*. Music/sound included must be declared during the upload process.
- Text: The contestant’s name, signature, or camera club name must not be displayed in the slideshow. Other text may be included. All included music must be listed in the end credits; make sure to follow the specific instructions for any royalty-free music or sound.
- Special terms: By participating with their slideshow, the participant guarantees they hold the necessary rights to all material used.
- Photos from previously awarded MNFFF collections – silver and gold – can not be included.
- By participating, the contestant acknowledges and agrees to the rules in full.
- Each contestant can submit one (1) slideshow. For each slideshow there can be only one (1) creator.
The winner is awarded an NFFF Gold medal.
In addition, the jury may award:
- NFFF Silver and Bronze medal
- RSF Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal
- NSFF Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal
- SkSL Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal
- SDF Gold, Silver, and Bronze medal
Based on the total results from Nordic Photography Championship – Slideshow one contestant is awarded the honourable title NMiFB 2024 (Nordic Champion of Photography – Slideshow (Bildspel) – 2024).
- NFFF Gold: 8 points
- NFFF Silver: 6 points
- NFFF Bronze: 5 points
- RSF, NSFF, SKsL, SDF Gold: 7 points
- RSF, NSFF, SKsL, SDF Silver: 5 points
- RSF, NSFF, SKsL, SDF Bronze: 4 points
- Accepted: 2 points
A qualified jury will be appointed, and presented here.
Awarded and accepted slideshows will be presented on the NFFF website.