Nordic Photography Championship – Slideshow
The Nordic Photography Championship – slideshow is an annual salon hosted by NFFF and judged by an international jury. The salon is open for members of the Nordic associations (NSFF/ RSF/ SDF/ SKsL-AFCC) only. It is held annually, with the closing date in February.
- Uploads starts: 31 Dec
- Deadline for uploads: 4 Feb
- Results published on nordic.photo: 28 Feb
Rules and definitions
- Stills, time-lapses and/ or movie clips may be included; however, the raw material should mainly consist of still pictures (also valid when it comes to time-lapses). Film clips should not last longer than a max of 10 % of the total duration of the slideshow.
- All motifs and photography techniques (colour, monochrome, analogue, digital, etc.) are allowed and can be mixed freely.
- Allowed video formats: .mp4, .mpg/.mpeg, .mov, .avi and .wmv. Max res. 1920×1080 px.
- Max duration for the slideshow is 4 minutes (240 seconds).
- The contestant must be the rights holder/ creator of all the photos in the slideshow.
- The slideshow may or may not include sound. Copyrighted music can not be used; music/sound included must be created by the contestant or royalty-free.
- The contestant’s name, signature, or camera club name must not be displayed in the slideshow. Other text may be included. All included music must be listed in the end credits.
- Photos from previously awarded MNFFF-collections – silver and gold – can not be included.
A qualified jury will be appointed.
The winner will receive an NFFF Gold medal. The best author combined will be awarded the honorary title NMiFB 20xx; Nordic Master of Photography – Slideshow (Bildspel).
Points are awarded according to the following table:
- NFFF Gold: 8 points
- NFFF Silver: 6 points
- NFFF Bronze: 5 points
- RSF, NSFF, AFCC, SDF Gold: 7 points
- RSF, NSFF, AFCC, SDF Silver: 5 points
- RSF, NSFF, AFCC, SDF Bronze: 4 points
- Accepted: 2 points