Mai 13: The results are in!
April 17: The submissions portal has now been closed. A total of 444 photographers have uploaded their entries, good luck to all of you!
The Nordic Society of Photography — NFFF — cordially invites all camera club and individual members of:
- Riksförbundet Svensk Fotografi — RSF
- Norsk Selskap for Fotografi — NSFF
- Suomen Kameraseurojen Liitto — AFCC (SKsL)
- Selskabet for Dansk Fotografi — SDF
… to the 2023 Nordic Photography Championship. Submissions open on March 18, and the entry deadline is April 16.
The link for uploading entries will appear in this article before March 18.
Also a clubs’ championship
When uploading, participants who want their entry to count towards the clubs’ championship must provide their club membership.
Two digital sections: Colour and Monochrome.
All acceptances will count towards the NSMiF distinction.
Registration and upload:
Authors register their participation and upload photos digitally via the button in this article. Remember to enter the name of your camera club for the image to count in the clubs’ competition.
The registration fee is € 15.00 / participant. The fee is paid to the specified PayPal address after uploading photos.
- Submission starting date: March 18, 2023
- Closing date: April 16, 2023
- Results here on nordic.photo website: May 15, 2023
Conditions of entry:
- Each photographer can participate with up to four (4) images in each section. An image can only be submitted into one of the sections.
- The image files must have the jpg format, with the maximum format 1920 x 1080 px (width x height), and the size must be a maximum of 2 MB.
- Images awarded or accepted in a previous round of the Nordic Photography Championship – or close to identical to a previously awarded/accepted image – can not be resubmitted.
- An image can be rejected if the jury or the competition committee considers it does not follow the competition rules or is otherwise considered deviating.
- The organizer takes no responsibility for copyright abuse.
- By submitting images to the competition, the photographer accepts that the images can be used by the organizer to promote this and upcoming competitions.
Deviations from the rules:
Images not meeting the competition rules can be disqualified without a fee refund.
The winner of each section receives an NFFF Gold Medal. In addition, the jury may award the following:
- NFFF Silver and Bronze Medal
- RSF Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals
- NSFF Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals
- AFCC Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals
- SDF Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals
- Up to 30 NFFF Honourable Mentions
The best authors combined in each section will be awarded the honorary titles NMiFF 2023 (Nordic Master of Photography, Colour) and NMiFM 2023 (Nordic Master of Photography, Monochrome).
Result counts towards NSMiF:
Results from the championship will count towards the NSMiF badge of honour. Points are awarded according to the following table:
- NFFF Gold 8 points
- NFFF Silver 6 points
- NFFF Bronze 5 points
- RSF, NSFF, AFCC, SDF Gold 7 points
- RSF, NSFF, AFCC, SDF Silver 5 points
- RSF, NSFF, AFCC, SDF Bronze 4 points
- Honourable Mention 3 points
- Accepted 2 points
The three best clubs (20 images given the most points for each club), both sections combined, will receive:
- NFFF Gold medal plus a monetary prize in cash at the value of 1000€
- NFFF Silver medal plus a monetary prize in cash at the value of 750€
- NFFF Bronze medal plus a monetary prize in cash at the value of 500€